Up to 50 hours per fortnight
We are seeking a motivated and experienced individual, with a commitment to providing a safe and well-presented environment for our residents and staff. We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced and passionate Maintenance Officer to join our team at RFBI Holt Masonic Village (Canberra) on a part-time basis.
At RFBI we aim to meet the individual preferences of our residents whilst providing the highest possible care.
This dynamic role will focus on delivering a wide range of reactive and proactive maintenance tasks around the village including building and garden maintenance, creating a homely environment for our residents to enjoy.
You will have:
- A trade qualification and/or demonstrated extensive experience in general maintenance & gardening
- Knowledge of and commitment to WH&S responsibilities
- First Aid Certificate and Current Driverâs Licence
- Excellent people skills and empathy for older people living in residential care and retirement village setting
- A willingness to participate in risk management and continuous quality improvement
Your key responsibilities will include:
- General maintenance and handyman tasks around the village
- Identifying, managing and resolve defects in the village
- Maintaining all garden areas ensuring they are well kept
- Supervising and coordinating external contractors in servicing the village
Royal Freemasons' Benevolent Institution (RFBI) operates residential aged care villages, retirement villages and a range of home and community services across NSW and ACT to support older Australians and have a positive impact on their lives.
You must have or be able to obtain a current National Police Check (AFP Code 22) and be willing to undergo a Pre-Employment Functional Assessment, to be eligible for the role.
Sunday 23rd June 2019
To be successful you will demonstrate your passion for all things maintenance to help RFBI make a difference in the lives of our residents.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
Please apply with your current Resume and a cover letter with a summary of why this is the role for you.
If you feel this is the right role for you, apply now!