(Catering, Cleaning and Laundry)
Royal Freemasons’ Benevolent Institution (RFBI) was established in 1880 to help people in need, today we are an award winning, leading aged care provider with a vision to provide quality aged care services that are accessible by all people and has a positive impact on their lives. We operate 22 residential aged care villages, 20 retirement villages and a range of home and community services across NSW and ACT.
This role will see you in a key leadership position responsible for ensuring a safe, clean and quality, home like environment for our residents to enjoy. You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the Catering and Hotel Services departments within our village
About the role:
- Plan, co-ordinate and supervise the team and resources ensuring the smooth operation of the catering and hotel services department
- Manage and effectively allocate human resources, material, and financial resources to achieve planned goals and outcomes
- Manage the operations of the catering and hotel services area in line with legislative requirements to ensure effective delivery of hospitality services within the village
- Responsible for all aspects of stock-taking and stock control within the catering and hotel services department
- Menu preparation for residents and develop recipes tailored to the aged care environment
- Oversee food and safety program in the catering department, ensuring food safety program is adhered to.
What you need to be considered:
- Previous experience working in an aged care setting (desirable)
- Certificate III in Hospitality or similar discipline
- Extensive experience in all aspects of hospitality operations (catering, cleaning and laundry)
- Knowledge of special dietary needs for the elderly
- A working knowledge and understanding of the Accreditation process and compliance with the Standards and the Food Safety Act
- Experience in implementing Infection control measures
- Excellent planning, organisational and management skills
- Experience and sound knowledge of the aged care industry
- Ability to implement Continuous Quality Improvement processes
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Excellent Communication/Computer Skills
- You must have or be able to obtain a current National Police Check (AFP Code 22) and be willing to undergo a Pre-Employment Functional Assessment to be eligible for the role.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
- To be successful you will demonstrate your passion to make a difference in the lives of our residents and to work with them to ensure they receive the highest possible care, tailored to their needs and preferences.
Applications Close: Sunday 14th June 2020
Sounds like you â apply now!