(75 hours a fortnight)
Royal Freemasons’ Benevolent Institution (RFBI) was established in 1880 to help people in need, today we are an award winning, leading aged care provider with a vision to provide quality aged care services that are accessible by all people and has a positive impact on their lives. We operate 22 residential aged care villages, 20 retirement villages and a range of home and community services across NSW and ACT.
We have excellent opportunity for an experienced and passionate Chef to join our team at RFBI Hawkins Masonic Village (Edgeworth, NSW) on a part-time basis.
This dynamic role will see you responsible for overseeing the provision of high quality catering services to our residents that meet their nutritional needs, and the special requirements and preferences of these residents in an effective and efficient way.
About the role:
- Preparation, presentation and serving of high quality food and meals to residents
- Preparing menus and plans for meals, ensuring provision of choice for residents and compliance with health and nutritional standards
- Liaising with the Care Manager and the care team to ensure residents are provided with meals that meet specific dietary needs
- Compliance with food and safety program, providing high quality, efficient and effective service
What you need to be considered:
- An experienced Chef
- Focus on delivery of a high quality food service to our residents.
- Driven to work for a reputable aged care provider and become part of the RFBI family.
- Certificate IV in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery)
- Qualification in Safe Food Handling
- An understanding of and the sensitivity to the issues related to providing services to older people
- Relevant experience working in a food services environment
- Knowledge/understanding of special dietary needs for the elderly
- Understanding of WHS responsibilities, including manual handling principles
You must have or be able to obtain a current National Police Check (AFP Code 22) and be willing to undergo a Pre-Employment Functional Assessment to be considered for this position. All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
Applications Close: Sunday 2nd August 2020
Sounds like you â apply now!