Royal Freemasons’ Benevolent Institution (RFBI) was established in 1880 to help people in need, today we are an award winning, leading aged care provider with a vision to provide quality aged care services that are accessible by all people and has a positive impact on their lives. We operate 22 residential aged care villages, 20 retirement villages and a range of home and community services across NSW and ACT.
RFBI Berry Masonic Village has an exciting new opportunity for a full-time Catering Supervisor to join our team. Within this role you will be working to coordinate the catering area at the village to ensure exceptional customer service is being delivered to our residents. You will also be responsible for making and preparing nutritional and appetising meals for our residents to enjoy.
About the Role:
- Coordinate and manage the catering service ensuring it functions safely, effectively and efficiently, including supervising, training and supporting catering officers within the department.
- Implement food and safety program in the catering department, ensuring appropriate procedures and processes are being adhered to.
- Ordering catering supplies within an allocated budget
- Preparing meals and menus for residents in compliance with health and nutritional standards and in consultation with dietician, residents and General Manager
What you need to be considered:
- Qualifications in Commercial Cookery, Safe Food Handling, Hospitality Management (desirable)
- A Food Safety Certificate
- A Current First Aid Certificate
- A Current Police Check Certificate
- An understanding of WHS responsibilities including manual handling principles
- A passionate individual who is dedicated about delivering the best possible catering service to our residents
- Effective communication skills and the ability to develop the catering team
- Excellent planning, organisational and management skills
- Ability to implement Continuous Quality Improvement processes
You must have or be able to obtain a current National Police Check (AFP Code 22) and be willing to undergo a Pre-Employment Functional Assessment to be considered for this position. All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
Applications Close: Sunday 9th August 2019
Sounds like you â apply now!