Permanent Part- Time Opportunity
(16 hours per fortnight)
- Royal Freemasons’ Benevolent Institution (RFBI) was established in 1880 to help people in need.
- RFBI has become a leading aged care provider with a vision to provide quality aged care services that are accessible by all people and has a positive impact on their lives.
- RFBI operates 22 residential aged care villages, 20 retirement villages and a range of home and community services across NSW and ACT.
Reporting the Catering Manager, we are seeking an experienced Catering Officer/Chef/Cook who is focused on the delivery of high-quality food service.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing meals that are compliant with food safety programs and recognised nutritional guidelines.
- Complying with food and safety programs and providing high quality, efficient and effective food service
- Assist in the preparation of meals and catering for special functions.
- Preparing the dining area for meal times and serving food and drinks to our residents
- Maintaining a clean work environment ensuring all cleaning and dish washing is done in a timely manner
You will have:
- Qualifications in Safe Food Handling and Preparation
- Certificate III in Hospitality (desirable)
- Working knowledge of Food Safety principles
- Knowledge of special dietary needs for the elderly
- Understanding of WHS responsibilities, including manual handling principles
- You must have or be able to obtain a current National Police Check (AFP Code 22) and be willing to undergo a Pre-Employment Functional Assessment to be eligible for the role.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
- To be successful you will demonstrate your passion to make a difference in the lives of our residents and to work with them to ensure they receive the highest possible care, tailored to their needs and preferences.
Sounds like you â apply now!