Benefits of working with RFBI
We aim to be of service.
We act honestly at all times.
We are ‘on the level’ and treat others ‘on the square’.
We welcome all.
We make no distinction based on financial status, rank, gender, background or belief.
We value and respect all others, and seek to live in harmony and peace.
We promote friendship, goodwill and charitable works.
We belong to and connect with the community and encourage life-long learning in ourselves and others.
We are not ‘exclusive’ but ‘inclusive’, and maintain the values we embrace as a guide to how to live.
We aim to be better people and to benefit all those we know, work with, and care for.
We aim to be happy and to promote happiness.
Be proud of helping people in need.
The RFBI is a public company and is not a part of the Freemasons Grand Lodge. Although we share the Masonic philosophy of helping those in need, our staff do not need to be Masons to be a part of the RFBI and you need not be a Mason to receive our care. We help anyone that needs our support.
Do your best work
At the RFBI we know that we all do our best work where trust is earned, diversity is respected and individuals can effectively contribute their talents, skills and experience.
This means creating a culture built on a shared purpose, valuable work, mutual respect, and appreciation for similarities and differences that make people unique.
We hire dedicated and dependable individuals who share our mission and commitment to quality care for our residents.
Types of work
A career at RFBI includes: Managers, Registered Nurses, Carers, Human Resources, Community Services, IT staff, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Administration, and Catering professionals.
We proudly offer a staff retention rate higher than the industry averages, competitive wages, great benefits and a caring and supportive work environment.
Across all positions at RFBI, we offer: attractive salary packages, variety of shifts, positive work environments, caring atmosphere, training, high staff retention rates, employee assistance program.
Working within the aged care sector at RFBI offers an interesting and rewarding career with diversity, and ongoing development such as training and education programs to help you gain the skills you need to move forward. Some positions require you to have tertiary qualifications, or the willingness to complete training.
We aim to be a best practice provider of Aged Care and Community services, offering quality care and services to all residents and clients. As an employer of choice, whilst maintaining the charitable not for profit nature of our organisation, we will execute our mission without discrimination continuing to support the needy as espoused by our Masonic forefathers in the 1880’s.
What is the RFBI’s mission?
The RFBI is a charitable organisation operating throughout NSW and the ACT providing financial assistance for the needy in the form of grants and annuities as well as accommodation, care and security for the aged and others thus demonstrating the noble and valued concept of charity in action by Freemasons.
What values does the RFBI hold?
- Heritage – we acknowledge the rich heritage bequeathed to the organisation through the leadership, vision and commitment of those who have gone before.
- Ethical practices – our practices and behaviour are beyond reproach.
- Respect of individuals – our staff, volunteers, residents, clients, relatives and all other persons are treated equally and respectfully.
- Provider of quality services – we measure and benchmark our performance with other like minded organisations and continually assess our performance by the quality of services we deliver.
- Employer of choice – our staff are valued and respected for their roles and contribution. Their employment conditions and career paths demonstrate RFBI as a leading employer.
- Effective stewardship – we understand and accept our responsibility to manage the business in a prudent, viable and sustainable manner, to cement the future of RFBI.
- Environmentally responsible – we manage our operations and deliver our services with knowledge of our responsibility to future generations.